EHOVE offers this work-based learning program to help students get an early start on a career, gain work experience, and build a resume by working in their field the summer before their senior year.
- Acceptance Qualifications
- B Average or higher in career tech lab
- C Average or higher in academic/elective classes
- 95%+ attendance record (based on unexcused absences)
- Positive discipline record
- Work Permit on file if under age 18
- School fees current/paid or payment plan secured
- Resume on file with Career Services
- Note: The qualifications will be based on the first three grading periods of the junior year. A positive school record must be maintained during the remainder of the junior year.
- Based on the availability of worksites, students will be placed in a JumpStart position or may find their own job and request that the worksite be approved for the program. The employment must be related to the student's career program field of study.
- The Career Tech Instructor will visit the worksite to evaluate the appropriateness of the position and create a Training Plan for the student outlining the employment goals.
- The location and job must be approved by the EHOVE Career Services Coordinator.
- All paperwork must be signed, approved and on file in the Career Services Office before a student may begin work.
- The Career Tech Instructor and/or Career Services Coordinator will visit the worksite periodically during the summer and monitor the effectiveness of the position and training.
- Students approved for the JumpStart program will attend the following activities:
- JumpStart Orientation (spring of junior year)
- Mid-summer JumpStart debriefing session with the Career Services Coordinator (July)
- JumpStart Recognition Ceremony (fall of senior year)
For more information, contact Career Services Coordinator Becky Bernard at x236 or email@example.com