Subscribe to e-news
Shining at national competitions
It’s been another outstanding year for EHOVE Career Center students who have excelled in their students organizations’ national competitions. Students have the opportunity to participate in the student organization associated with their program. They include SkillsUSA, Business Professionals of America (BPA) and Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), and Firelands Ohio Student Education Association (FOSEA).
Each is an organization that provides students with opportunities to participate in competitive events, fundraisers, community service projects and social chapter activities. The competitions help them hone the skills they’re learning in their career fields. Working their way up from local to regional, state and national competitions is quite an accomplishment. Participating also provides leadership opportunities, community service opportunities, the chance to apply the skills they’ve learned, and professional connections and opportunities.
Thanks to their high placements at the state competition earlier this year, 12 EHOVE students earned the opportunity to travel to the SkillsUSA National Competition in Louisville, KY and six to Anaheim, CA for the BPA National Competition.
SkillsUSA National Results:
• Silver, Career Pathways – Forensic Investigations students Alison Harper (Edison HS), Roy Rashke (Bellevue HS) and Kylie Shreve (Edison HS)
• Silver, Criminal Justice – Criminal Justice student Brayden Schrader (Huron HS)
• Bronze, Heath Occupations Portfolio – Rachel Palm (Norwalk HS)
• The President’s Volunteer Service Award issued by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation was awarded to 25 students in EHOVE’s Firefighter/EMT, Criminal Justice and Forensic Investigations programs for their extensive community service totaling over 1000 hours. Students Caleb Rose (South Central HS), Noah Perry (Norwalk HS), Jameson Shuster (Vermilion HS) and Alex Stelzer (Edison HS) accepted the award on behalf of all of their classmates.
BPA National Results:
• 1st, Stock Market – Business & Marketing student Kaylee Musso (Norwalk HS)
• 2nd, Computer Modeling – Visual Media Tech student Sarah Hall (Vermillion HS)
• 4th, Microsoft Network Administration – Computer Network Tech student Nick Shenefield (Norwalk HS)
To learn more about student organizations, competition results and activities at EHOVE Career Center, go to each program's page in the high school section. A full album of photos from the competitions is also available.
-(L-R) SkillsUSA competition: Back row – Alex Stelzer (Edison HS), Noah Perry (Norwalk HS), Luke Pulizzi (Perkins HS), Tyler Mitchell (Huron HS), Steven Holliday (Margaretta HS). Middle row – Caleb Rose (South Central HS), Jameson Shuster (Vermilion HS), Alison Harper (Edison HS), Roy Rashke (Bellevue HS). Front row – Kylie Shreve (Edison HS), Rachel Palm (Norwalk HS). Not pictured: Brayden Schrader (Huron HS).
-(L-R) BPA competition – Computer Network Tech Instructor Brian Shea, students Zach Hall (Margaretta HS), Jordan Sanders (Monroeville HS), Nick Shenefield (Huron HS), Jocelyn Didion (Bellevue HS), Sarah Hall (Vermilion HS), Kaylee Musso (Norwalk HS)