Subscribe to e-news
Credit Flex Opportunities
Pursuant to SB 311, all school districts in the State of Ohio have been charged with fully implementing a plan that would enable students to earn units of high school credit based on a demonstration of subject area competency, instead of or in combination with completing hours of classroom instruction. The plan will be fully implemented with the 2010-2011 school year.
1. Be able to show what they know and move on to higher-order content they are ready to learn and have not yet mastered.
2. Be able to learn subject matter and earn course credit in ways not limited solely to seat time or the walls of the school building.
3. Be able to experience educational options tailored to their interests and needs.
4. Be able to demonstrate creativity, explore academic and career interests and practice critical thinking.
Credit Flex Options
1. Credit Recovery
2. Test Out
3. Flex Advance
4. Simultaneous Credit Options
Students wishing to take advantage of a Credit Flex option must meet with an EHOVE guidance counselor prior to the start of the semester for procedures and guidelines.