Become an EHOVE student
EHOVE Career Center is a leading career tech school in Milan Township which draws students from a variety of locales, and serves multiple school districts in Erie, Huron and Ottawa Counties.
Students are given the opportunity to take challenging academic classes in a customized and relevant curriculum, and gain hands-on training and real world experience to prepare them for college, a specific career, or the military.
Each day, about 800 junior and senior high school students from our sixteen partner schools tune in, travel to, or connect with the EHOVE Career Center. You can be a part of choosing your future path.
- Submit your application to your high school counselor. It's best to do so by mid-January. Applications will continue to be accepted through the start of school for those programs with openings.
- EHOVE Career Center will begin reviewing applications in mid-February. Please note that several career programs fill to capacity. Applications received after February may not be granted first program choice.
- March Notification letters will be mailed during the first week of March to each student who submitted an application. An invitation will be mailed inviting new students and parents to the EHOVE Career Center Meet & Greet. This event provides an opportunity to visit the campus and meet the teachers.
- March / April New students will meet with an EHOVE counselor at the local high school and register for next year’s classes.
- Summer Registration is in mid-July
- Questions? Call 419-499-4663, 419-627-9665, or Toll Free 866-256-9707, Extension 0.
What do the Students think?
- EHOVE is helping students on their future path: see their stories and watch their videos Edition 1 - Edition 2
- EHOVE students are also blogging and making videos to show you what it's like to be an EHOVE student. You'll hear directly from them. Connect with them and find your future path with EHOVE! Get started at www.EHOVEconnection.com.
EHOVE Career Center gives high school students the jump on further education or careers by offering the chance to learn Career Tech skills and earn a number of industry-recognized certifications before leaving high school.
Many programs (besides Tech Prep) offer articulation agreements with area colleges, giving students the opportunity to earn college credit for the skills they've learned. The students also find the transition to college easier.
Unique opportunities are part of the EHOVE advantage, like:
- Bring Up Grades - B.U.G. program
An extra help program is built into the daily schedule so students don’t fall behind.
- Hands-on Experiences in our Career Tech Labs
Working with highly trained professionals in labs equipped like industry allows students to experience what it is like to work with other interested students in their career field.
- Work-based Learning like 5th Quarter
Students earning good grades and attendance during their junior year are eligible for 5th Quarter. They are matched with an employer, where they gain further skills during the summer prior to their senior year. Many of these students continue to gain on-the-job skills with the same employer throughout their senior year.
Students can choose how they wish to attend EHOVE Career Center:
Intense Career and Technical Training
Spend all day at EHOVE Career Center to gain career and technical skills, as well as take high-level integrated academic classes to prepare you for the career of your choice…whether it is a job after graduation, or college. EHOVE also offers advanced academic classes like Trigonometry, Chemistry, Physics and Spanish.
Tech Prep/Post Secondary Options
Tech Prep gives you the opportunity to learn highly technical skills in engineering, computer, or health along with the academic preparation for college, while earning college credit. Students have the opportunity to take college classes on the EHOVE campus and the Firelands/BGSU campus.
Career/Technical Training at EHOVE/Academics at Your High School
Learn career and technical skills at EHOVE, but return to your own high school for academics (English, Math, Social Studies and Science). This may be the perfect choice to prepare for a career, but join your friends for academics.
Create Your Own Option with the help of your Counselor
Adapt one of the choices to take that important class at your high school like band, choir, or an academic...or take advantage of the post secondary option at a nearby college campus.
We’ll help you take charge of Your Education!
For more information, contact EHOVE Career Center's Guidance Office:
1-866-256-9707 (Toll Free)
419-499-4663 or 419-627-9665 Ext. 355.
or by e-mail: email@example.com